This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Little Cobbetts
Little Cobbetts is a cottage with character features, a pretty private garden and private parking, is the perfect base for couples or small families to explore all that Cornwall has to offer.
Little Cobbetts is situated in a small hamlet Tregoodwell, a short 10 minutes walk (3less than 5 minutes drive) away from the small market town of Camelford with its local shops, chemist, library, galleries, museum, swimming pool, playground, pubs and restaurants and free parking.
Little Cobbetts sleeps up to 4 people but is ideally suited for two adults and two children. It has 2 bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs on the first floor. Bedroom 1 has a King-size bed, whilst bedroom 2 has a comfortable bunk bed, suitable for children or adults 6' (188cm) or under. The family bathroom has a bath, wash basin and WC. On the ground floor there is a separate Wet room with shower, WC and wash basin.
The cottage has been fully equipped and refurbished to a high standard to make it a superb home from home.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us (see contact details below):
Full details of local transport, amenities, doctors, vets and other services together with maps and directions on how to reach can be found in the Information Pack which you will receive before or with your booking. A hard copy of the Information pack is also available at the property. Some of the key points are summarised below:
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- Guests will be provided with 2 sets of keys. A first set of keys can be collected from a key safe. Location of this key safe and the combination code will be provided to the guests in writing shortly before the start of their holiday at Little Cobbetts.
- Parking reserved for sole use of the cottage is available for 1 car opposite the front door of the cottage and on a drive way with 'right-of-way' vehicular and pedestrian access leading to premises behind the cottage.
- The parking area has a gravel surface.
- This is a light at night by motion sensor above both the front door and the door next to the parking lot.
- On street parking is also available. There is no dropped kerb.
Entrance to Property
The front door (next to parking lot).
- The front door is 920mm wide.
- There are no steps to the front door which is approached from a gravel driveway.
- The entrance is well lit by motion sensor lights above the from door.
- The floor covering inside the entrance is short pile 'foot-wipe' carpet.
The side door (inside the enclosed garden).
- The side door is 780mm wide
- There is one step up to the side door. The door is approached from sloping paved path to the garden gate with a single step up from to the public road
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The front door hall, stairs and landings are well lit using a combination of ceiling and wall lights.
- The hall covering is a short pile 'foot-wipe' carpet.
- The stairway covering is short pile carpet.
- The staircase to the first floor is of standard incline with a handrail to one side and is 710mm wide
- The side door hall has a slate stone floor with a single step up access to the kitchen door.
- The sitting room/lounge is situated on the ground floor with level entry from the hallway.
- The door opening to the lounge is 830mm wide.
- The room has a mixture of seating with sofas and soft chairs.
- Furniture can be moved.
- There is a widescreen digital television with remote control and a Blu-ray player.
- Lighting is natural daylight and by night with overhead lighting used as well as standard and table lamps around the room.
- The flooring is high quality laminate which well laid and with a short pile rug in the lounge area.
- The dining room is situated on the ground floor integral to the lounge / dining area with level entry from both the hallway and the kitchen area.
- The door openings to the dining room from the kitchen is 730mm wide.
- The dining table (moveable side to side) has legs on each corner.
- There is free space around the table.
- Chairs (all moveable) – 4 chairs with padded seats that have no arms.
- Lighting is natural daylight with wall lighting and table lamps around the room.
- Flooring is high quality well laid laminate.
- The kitchen is situated on the ground floor with level access from the lounge / dining area.
- The kitchen is accessible from the side door hall via a single step up to the kitchen door
- The door openings to the kitchen from the lounge / dining room are 730mm wide.
- The door openings to the kitchen from the side door hall is 740mm wide.
- The door of the oven drops down and the handle is 500 & 700mm above the floor. The hob is 910mm above the floor.
- Worktop and sink are 910mm above the floor.
- Fridge freezer available under the worktop.
- Glasses and crockery are located in a standing cupboard in the dining area and in from kitchen wall cupboards.
- The kitchen is lit with halogen spotlights above work surfaces.
- Flooring is high quality well laid laminate.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- On the first floor there is 1 room with a King-size bed and 1 room with a bunk bed, the first floor bedrooms are reached by stairs only.
- The height of the King-size bed from the top of the mattress to the floor is 700mm.
- The height of the BOTTOM bunk bed from the top of the mattress to the floor is 400mm.
- The height of the TOP bunk bed from the top of the mattress to the floor is 1360mm. The top bunk bed is accessed by a fixed (to the bunk bed frame) ladder.
- Lighting is natural daylight and at night overhead lighting and bedside lamps are also in each room.
- All bedrooms offer good colour contrast between the floor, walls and doors, short pile carpet, non-feather bedding is available on request.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
Ground floor wet-room, shower and WC
- There is a toilet on the ground floor with step free level access situated off the front entrance hall.
- The door opening is 820mm wide.
- The shower cubical is ###mm x ###mm
- The shower floor is level with the floor with no step or curb.
- Access to the shower is via glass hinged door which is ###mm wide
- Toilet is 440mm high.
- The wash basin is 810mm high.
- The bathroom is situated on the first floor.
- Door opening is 740mm wide.
- There is a bath only with hand held showerhead. Height from floor to top of bath rim is 530mm.
- Toilet is 440mm high.
- Wash basin is 850mm high.
- Well lit with overhead light, up lights and a fluorescent light over mirror.
- Natural wooden plank flooring.
- The cottage has a paved patio area which can be accessed from the kitchen through the side door hall (2 x single steps).
- Quality table & chairs are available on the patio.
- A BBQ is available on a paved area of the garden accessed by crossing the grass lawn.
- The garden area is 150m/492ft long and 100m/328ft wide with a stepped lawn and flower beds.
- A narrow paved footpath leads to the garden gate onto the public road and is 600mm wide at its narrowest point.
- A narrow paved footpath leads to the side garden gate Adjacent to parking area) and is 500mm wide at its narrowest point.
- There is also a small garden 'tea' table and two chairs on the paved area to the side garden gate.
Ground floor plans for access
+44 (0)7941 662079